Rajmah 200 gms.
Chopped onion 1 cup
Chopped tomato 1½ cup
Garlic paste 1 tbsp.
Ginger paste 1½ tbsp.
Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
Chopped green coriander 1 tbsp.
Cumin powder 1 tsp.
Bay leaf 3 no.
Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
Oil 3 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1. Soak rajmah (red kidney beans) overnight in 5 cups of water.
2. Boil rajmah or pressure cook until soft and fully cooked.
3. Heat oil, add bayleaves, chopped onion and saute’ onion till golden brown in color. Add Ginger Paste and Garlic Paste. Cook for a minute.
4. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder. Stir and add chopped tomatoes, cook till tomatoes are fully mixed with the masala.
5. Add boiled rajmah and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes. Add Garam Masala Powder and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
6. Cook until gravy is thick and rajmah coated with it.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice.