Rice (Basmati) 300 gms.
Headless prawns(shelled) 600 gms.
Bay leaf 2 no.
Sliced onion ¼ cup
Coriander leaves 1 tbsp.
Fresh grated coconut 1 tbsp.
Coconut milk 50 mls.
Lemon juice 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder ½ tsp.
Green chili 2 no.
Whole garam masala 1 tsp.
Ghee/Oil 2 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1. Pick, wash and soak rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Shell, devein and wash prawns.
3. Heat Ghee or oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add bay leaves and Whole Garam Masala. Let it crackle. Add sliced onion, saute till the onion turns pink.
4. Add water, turmeric powder, lemon juice and green chilies slit into two. Bring it to boil and add rice. Cook for a minute and add prawns and coconut milk . Season with salt. Stir lightly.
5. Stir till rice absorbs all the water and then cover it with a lid and cook it on a slow fire till rice and prawns are fully cooked.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated fresh coconut.