Uncooked masoor dal 1 cup
Spinach (palak) leaves 1 bunch
Onion 1 no.
Tomato 1 no.
Cumin seeds (jeera) ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder (haldi) ½ tbsp.
Dried mango powder (amchur) ½ tsp.
Chili powder ¼ tsp.
Garlic 3-4 cloves
Green chilies 2-3 nos.
Ginger A small piece
Oil 3 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1. Clean and wash the masoor dal. Cook the dal in a pressure cooker with approx. 1½ cup of water.
2. Chop the palak leaves and wash them thoroughly.
3. Chop the onions and tomato.
4. Grind the garlic, green chilies and ginger into a fine paste.
5. Heat the oil in a thick bottom vessel, add the jeera, then the onions and cook for a few minutes till onions turn golden brown.
6. Add the ginger-garlic paste, haldi powder, chili powder, the amchur and chopped tomatoes.
7. Stir and now add the cooked masoor dal and the palak leaves.
8. Add the salt. Boil for a few minutes and serve hot.