Rice 2 cups
Garlic, slices 12 nos.
Green chilies 12 nos.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Garam masala 1 tbsp.
Tur dal 1 cup
Onions 6 nos.
Ginger 1 piece
Coriander 1 bunch
Shahjeera 1 tsp.
Mutton mince 1 kg.
Ghee ½ kg.
Salt 1 tbsp.
1. Grind garlic, ginger, chilies, coriander and apply to the mutton mince and leave for about 2 hours.
2. Parboil the rice with 1 tbsp. of salt, drain and keep aside.
3. Wash the dal and soak in 2 cups of water for an hour, then add 1 tsp. salt and boil until cooked.
4. Melt 4 tbsps. ghee and fry the sliced onions till crispy.
5. In the same ghee add a little more ghee and fry the marinated mince, when fried to a brown colour, add ½ cup water and cook on a slow flame.
6. Once all the water is absorbed mix the mince with the cooked dal.
7. Pound cumin seeds, shahjeera and mix with the garam masala.
8. Put some melted ghee in a large vessel and put 1/3 of the cooked rice, over it put half mince mixture, sprinkle fried onions and pounded spices.
9. Repeat the layers ending with rice, sprinkle fried onions and pour melted ghee.
10. Put the dish in an oven so that the rice gets properly cooked.