Basmati rice 1 cup
Water 2 cups
Cumin seeds 2 tsp.
Bay leaf 1 no.
Cinnamon stick 2″ 2 nos.
Black cardamom 1 no.
Ghee 1½ tbsp.
Salt To taste
1. Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for half an hour. Drain thoroughly.
2. In a pan, heat Ghee. Add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
3. When cumin seeds sizzle, add the rice. Add salt to taste.
4. Stir till ghee coats every grain of rice and it looks glossy.
5. Add water. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Reduce heat to minimum and cover the pan with a lid. Leave a little gap, otherwise water will boil over.
6. Rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and water has been completely absorbed.
7. Fork the rice out onto a serving dish. This will separate each grain out.
8. Serve hot with any curry.