Black Urad dal whole 150 gms.
Garlic paste 1 tbsp.
Ginger paste 1 tbsp.
Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
Butter 100 gms.
Fresh cream 100 ml.
Tomato puree 1½ cup
Garam masala powder 2 tsp.
Salt as per taste
1. Pick and wash whole black urad. Soak it in 4 cups of water for 8-10 hours.
2. Cook it in 4-5 cups of water along with salt, red chili powder, Ginger Paste and Garlic Paste. Bring it to a boil. Reduce flame and simmer for about an hour or till it is completely cooked and tender.
3. Add tomato puree, butter and Garam Masala Powder and cook on a slow flame for an hour.
4. Add fresh cream, correct seasoning and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Serve hot with a bread of your choice.