Black Urad dal (whole) 1/2 cup
Red Kidney beans(rajmah) 2 tbsps.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Chopped garlic 6 cloves.
Chopped ginger 2 inch.
Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
Fresh cream ½ cup
Red chili powder 1 tsp.
Butter 3 tbsps.
Chopped tomato 2 nos.
Chopped onion 1 no.
Oil 1 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1. Pick, wash and soak whole black urad and rajma overnight in three cups of water.
2. Peel and chop the onion, ginger and garlic finely. Wash and chop the tomatoes.
3. Cook the soaked dal and rajma in three cups of water with salt, red chili powder and half the chopped ginger till dal and rajma are cooked and soft.
4. Heat oil and butter in a thick-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, when it crackles add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
5. Add chopped ginger, garlic and chopped tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes are well mashed and fat starts to leave the masala. Add boiled dal and rajma to this. Adjust seasoning.
6. Add garam masala powder and simmer on very low heat for fifteen minutes.
7. Add fresh cream and let it simmer for another five minutes.
8. Serve hot with Naan or Paratha.