Moong dal ¾ cup
Masoor dal ¼ cup
Onion 1 nos.
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
Tomato 2 nos.
Cumin seeds ½ tsp.
Haldi ½ tsp.
Red chili powder ½ tsp.
Garam Masala powder ½ tsp.
Green coriander leaves a few
Pure ghee 3 tbsp.
Salt To taste
1. Chop onion and tomatoes finely.
2. Wash both the dals together and pressure cook for three minutes with three and half cup water and a little haldi.
3. In a pan heat Ghee, add jeera, when jeera changes colour add chopped onion. Cook till light golden brown. Add red chili powder and ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
4. Add tomatoes and reduce heat. Cover and cook till done.
5. Add boiled dals and salt, bring to required consistency and add green dhania leaves and garam masala powder. The dal is done.
6. Before serving, heat little ghee put Garam Masala Powder and pour over the dal.